Even though the best way to boost your milk supply is to have baby nurse more often, there are some foods that aid in increasing milk production. Some of these foods include oats, brewers yeast, flax seed, Omega 3’s (healthy fats), fenugreek, and high protein foods. It is also very important to drink A LOT of water while breastfeeding. Dehydration can quickly cause a decrease in milk production.
Traditional Medicinals has a really great lactation tea called Mother’s milk that is a mix of fennel and anise (which give the tea a sweet flavor), and fenugreek and coriander. It’s my favorite one so far! I also know that Oat Mama has a lactation tea that I have heard really good things about.
Here is a delicious recipe for no-bake lactation bites! They are quick and easy to make, and can be made in large batches and frozen, too!
No-Bake Lactation Bites
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup ground or milled flaxseed
- 3 tbs brewer’s yeast
- 1 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips/ raisins/ chopped nuts
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl except for the chocolate chips/ raisins/ nuts. Mix with electric mixer on low until the mixture is combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips/ raisins
- Roll the mixture into 2 tablespoon sized balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Store in an air-tight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Balls can be frozen and thawed, as well!